Saturday 5 April 2008

Steamed Fish

I prefer stronger tasting food. When my mother made steamed, braised or clear soups, I would often get my father to drive to McDonalds or more recently, call McDelivery so it surprised me when I found myself craving for steamed fish this morning.

It was so flaky, so sweet and I love the piquant-ness of the cilantro.

What you need:
300g white fish (I used cod)
small bunch of cilantro/coriander leaves/ Chinese parseley, chopped
sesame oil
soy sauce
salt
sugar
1-2 inches ginger

i) Marinate the fish with a few drops of sesame oil, salt and a sprinkling of sugar. Spoon some minced ginger or ginger slices on top of the fish. You can marinate the fish 30 minutes-1 hour before steaming but it's no big deal if you just steam it immediately. The star of this dish is fresh fish.

ii) Steam fish

iii) When fish is cooked, drizzle some soy sauce and the chopped cilantro.

No comments: