Saturday 20 October 2012

New Concept- HelloFresh!

Just so you know, this isn't an advertorial (if only it was...;) ). If you want 20 euros off your first box though, the promotional code is: 54LWJ4



HelloFresh is a sort-of new concept which I LOVE LOVE LOVE. Now, granted, I've only JUST signed up and haven't even received my first box yet but I can't wait!

What it is: a subscription (which can be stopped for an unlimited or limited period of time if need be) for a box of 3 or 5 meals per week. This is NOT a catering service- you have to cook everything by yourself but you just don't have to plan your meals nor do the shopping for it. Depending on where you live, your box of groceries (everything you need for the 3 meals) and the recipes get delivered on Monday or Tuesday.

I am stuck in a cooking rut and I hate doing the groceries. I mean, as far as chores go, grocery shopping is one of the things I enjoy-but sometimes, leaving your home just to get a lemon or a bag of salad is just such a pain in the arse. Also, I don't drive so I go with the Dutchman once a week (but we don't buy EVERYTHING since we are not disciplined meaning we can't decide what to eat and if we don't feel like eating X that night, we just don't = a lot of wastage and because we can't be bothered carrying too much stuff). I also go to the supermarket/ butcher an additional 1 to 2 times a week to get ingredients for more meals/wines and what not. So yeah, with this box, I can go less often and we get to eat different (every week, you have 1 meat, 1 fish and 1 vegetarian dish) and more importantly, HEALTHY stuff. Next week (I was too late for next week though so I will only start on October 30th), subscribers will be eating:

Meal 1- Cod with tomatoes, broccoli and garlic thyme potatoes. Meal 2- Ham, beer and dates stew, pumpkin stamppot with feta and pumpkin seeds
Only thing I'm killing myself about this is WHYYYYY didn't I think of this idea for my business plan back in school! Such a simple concept but so brilliant.

The 3-meal box is a bit expensive (39 euro for 2 people) but the 5-meal box is pretty reasonable at 49 euro for 2. I got the 3-meal box as the 5-meal one isn't available in Arnhem yet and I also got 20 euros off my first box! If you want to get 20 euro off your first box, the code is: 54LWJ4

I can foresee myself blogging on a weekly basis because of this box hahaha 






No comments: