Friday 30 January 2009

"Chinese" New Year

I invited some friends for dinner yesterday to celebrate Chinese New Year. We didn't actually eat Chinese food though as I wanted something a little more interesting.

I planned on cooking:

1. Kari Terung (Aubergine curry)
2. Chap Chuan Fish
3. Kangkung Belacan
4. Choy Sam with Garlic
5. Ayam Masak Merah
6. Sweet Sour Pork
7. Sayur Tumis

But of course things didn't turn out as planned;) I was so tired and lazy after cooking the 2nd meal and Emelia was pottering around decorating the place with streamers she bought. After that, Mareike came (Emelia left to buy something) and was chattering away so cooking more than one dish at a time was a real challenge!

In the end, all I made was kari terung, ayam masak merah, sweet sour pork and sayur tumis which turned out to be a good thing because I completely forgot that my table is only 160cm long.

Dining table ( Emelia later brought some Chinese placemat settings, chopsticks etc.)
Kari Terung

The rest of the photos are pretty bad, sorry!

Sweet Sour Pork

Ayam Masak Merah
Sayur Tumis
Drinks served: Ribena, orange juice, ice peach tea. Mareike brought some horribly strong vodka concoction and Nicole brought a bottle of prosecco *yum*

Dessert: 2 flavours of sorbet (Mango and Lemon)

We danced til 4 in the morning. Could've danced even longer but I had class at 8.45;) Great girls night out:D

No comments: