Tuesday 6 April 2010

Easter

Easter was relatively quiet for me. Celebrated with half the family on Sunday and lazed Monday away. Nothing special food-wise too! Barely cooked the last few days and no plans to cook tonight or tomorrow either.

I met the Dutchman's grandparents and found them very sweet. I am SO glad I'm no longer the dumb,mute person I was when I first arrived. While it is still difficult for me to speak in grammatically correct Dutch and/or to banter properly, I can state my opinions, comment on random things (koetjes kalfjes crap!),ask questions..even argue! Yay. Definitely better than dying in agony at a "Circle Party", pretending to be interested and then being so tired after an hour that you just shut down like a computer.

Lots of flowers this week (for ourselves and as gifts to family)




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Very nice blog. My partner in life is from Switzerland and we are currently located in Australia. I have spent some time in Switzerland and am currently back in Australia. I understand how you feel about being in Holland. I also understand how you feel about you family in Malaysia (I was born in Malaysia to parents that are probably much like yours but have not lived for over 20 years).

Just want you to know that there are lots of people in your situation out there. Don't know if this helps or not.

But I see that food is helping you with lots.

Raymond.