Monday 4 April 2011

Wedding Talk

The wedding is only in 2012. In the 2nd quarter of 2012.

We are the ones getting married but other people seem to be so much more excited than we are. I don't get it and it's actually iritating me quite a bit.

I hate that some people invited themselves. I hate that some people are assuming they are invited. I hate the fact that both sets of our parents invited some random people we never met before (take into account, there will be a separate reception for my parents' acquaintances) or people whom we have met maybe once or twice. People don't seem to realize we have our own preferences and our own budget to balance.Every additional guest costs 100 euro. If it's a family of 5, it will be 500 euros. And it will be guests we don't know and it will spoil the atmosphere.

We want a small, intimate wedding with people we are close to and we want to indulge them. That would make us happy.

I have stated it very bluntly to my parents. Specific instructions etc. but my parents just disrespect me by saying "we'll pay for those extra people" . ARGH like WTF! It's not only about the money, it's a SMALL, INTIMATE wedding. How many times must I repeat myself. *sigh*

-flowers of the week-

No comments: