Sunday 22 March 2009

And again.....

It's funny how busy life is when you have friends. Friends are hard work and I sometimes wish I had none. I am not popular and I plan to keep it that way. Even with the few friends that we have, there is barely any alone-time these days. I don't know why but going out with people always seem like 'work' to me. I like them but I'd rather be alone. I'd rather run to the shop and pick something and come home within an hour instead of a 4-hour shopping extravaganzza. I'd rather watch a movie I want, I'd rather NOT talk, I'd rather go online, I'd rather lounge around in my sweats.

Melissa celebrated her birthday on Friday. It was also Marij's birthday so Dutchman went to the latter and I went to Melissa's where I embarassed myself with Sing Star. But of course, for those birthdays, a present must be bought so there were 2 x 4-hour shopping trip with other girls. Then, last night there was a birthday party for yet another friend- Dutchman's friend's girlfriend. She's foreign and is only in NL for a few days so we had to go. Luckily, this one only required one hour worth of shopping. The party turned out OK though (only because of the rosé ;) ) .

There's a constant feeling of guilt about picking one friend over another to spend a day out with. Melissa's actual birthday was yesterday and I think she was annoyed.

All I want to do is DO NOTHING. NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING. My favourite thing in the world.

I don't want to wake up with a mild hangover. I don't want to put on make-up, or do the laundry (because the clothes I want to wear to the party need washing) or walk anywhere or 'turn on' my mind and concentrate on what people are saying or store a bunch of anecdotes in my mind so that I am not completely boring nor do I want to pretend to be fecking interested in whatever anyone is saying.

Today is Sunday and I am going to do NOTHING :-)

No comments: