Monday 2 March 2009

It's Funny

how I feel at home in The Netherlands now. Don't get me wrong, there are times when I hate it but lately, it seems as if I wouldn't mind living here for the rest of my life. Mind you, I get itchy feet after staying anywhere for a year or two but if I could pick only ONE country to live in forever, I wouldn't mind The Netherlands (and Malaysia of course). I lived in Japan for over year and while it was a good experience, I knew it wasn't for me. The double meanings, the formality and the culture (I don't mean tea ceremonies and temples!) drove me crazy. The simple , straightforward Dutch culture and I seem quite compatible. It's strange but from the time I was old enough to walk and talk, everyone I met (including my own parents) said I should live abroad because I'm very 'western'.

Ooh, some news - I passed the Dutch integration exam! Got the results in the mail:) My Dutch is still lousy though but oh well whatever. At least, I have nothing standing in the way when I apply for PR.

Also, I decided to apply for part-time jobs because I really want the oldies to not spend any money at all when they come here in the summer. I feel terrible because the Dutchman and I pushed them to buy tickets early and one week after they bought the tickets, the price went down by 300+ euro per person 0_0. Oops:P I have an interview on Wednesday and another on Thursday. Hope I'll get something!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice blog, want 2 xchange linx

elaine said...

Congrats on your exam..
It's good to know where you plan to settle for life, my hubs and I are still thinking where... Not easy to just mention one country.
I so long to settle SOON :)