Friday 3 April 2009

ANGRY

This company is.. unbelievable.

I worked 17 hours for them last month (17 hours minimum- I didn't even count the time I spent on preparing for class). Guess how much was banked into my account: 50+ euro!! I BURST OUT LAUGHING. I was like WTF?! How is that possible? 50 euro?! That's like HALF of what I get in ONE day at my other job!

So I called them. They said sorry, they should've paid me 2 hours more but that's it because apparently, the training session isn't paid (4 hours which is like 1 whole week's pay. Every idiot knows that training sessions are paid when you're paid hourly, especially when this training session is done every 6 weeks).I had to skip a class (my own, not the one I'm teaching)to meet the director of a school for one hour. She says that's not paid too!

I have to start at 3pm instead of 3.15 (not because I want to but because I am MADE to pick up the children who are let out at 3pm) and leave well after 5.15 because we have to clean up the mess. Those extra hours aren't paid to. Huh?! This is NOT a salaried job! You receive an HOURLY rate so why shouldn't I get paid??

YET, they docked 30 minutes off my time sheet because I was 15 minutes late (I wasn't supposed to be there on that day but they asked me to do them a favour. I was late because I was in school but of course let them know before agreeing to do it). It was a favour to teach that school (3 classes total) because I have to commute 1.5 hours each time to teach a 2-hour class. In other words, 20 euro for 1.5 hours travel, 2 hours class and 30 minutes (pick-up kids, wait for parents to pick kids up after class as they are not allowed to stay alone, clean-up etc.). That's just stupid.

I am going to contact the labour office to see if this is even legal. Oooh and she had the GALL to tell me that I "am lucky to receive such a high hourly rate" (so high that it's lower than what I receive per hour at my other job and 400% more work and stress).

I am going to quit. I am a student with a bright future. I am NEVER going to be in that field so I have nothing to lose. I am supposed to give one month's notice but it's a 0-hour contract so I'll just not go. Fuck me and I'll fuck you back. This company is unethical and exploits foreign/poor people. I am disgusted- absolutely disgusted. I guess they thought I was desperate for the position.

I'm just steaming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Lybil said...

It is really a shame. tweenty euros for one an a half hour of work is what we pay for a cleaning lady (11.5 euro per hour)

I would say the oral words fly away and the written one will stay for ever. Never trust an autochtoon for the money matters.