Thursday 2 September 2010

Dinner at Sage

I took my parents and the bf to Sage for dinner as a thank you to my parents.

We all took the 3 course set (RM150 nett) and brought a good bottle of wine from home (corkage only RM30 or something).

I don't quite remember what we had as I didn't bother taking notes and it was quite an eventful month!

- amuse: something with clams and mushrooms. liked it quite a lot. not so popular which dutchman who hates mushrooms and who can barely tolerate shellfish-
- my starter, cappelini with scallops, prawns and other shellfish. not bad but quite filling-

-dad's starter: i really liked this. the abalone was really fresh-

-Wagyu carpaccio. Plain. No taste. Yuck. -

-smoked salmon. quite boring and too filling according to mum-

- my main: beef rossini and foie gras in a red wine sauce. Rich, but not really tasty somehow? but what do i expect from a RM150 dinner, right...)

-wagyu cheek, again just ok-

-both the dutchman and my dad ordered the lamb shank with couscous. this was very tender and quite yummy according to them-

- please don't ask me what this is. something tropical, something with passion fruit. 3 of us ordered this and mum ordered the hazelnut tarte (no picture)-

All in all, nothing special. Not even good. Never thought "Wow". Service was intrusive. They cleaned our plates before our entire party had finished. Will never go there again. Bill came to about RM680.

Pfft. What a waste of my money. Pah








No comments: