Tuesday, 30 March 2010
Spaghetti with Smoked Mackerel and Old Amsterdam
Recipe (serves 4)
1 large-ish smoked mackerel (350g)
20g fresh parsley, leaves finely chopped (throw away stems)
4 large 'trostomaten' (photo here: Trostomaat ), deseed and chopped finely
1 clove garlic,finely chopped
2 shallots,finely chopped
2 small leeks, finely sliced
pepper to taste
Old Amsterdam (or any old Gouda) to taste
1) Boil the spaghetti until al denté. When done, let some cold water run over them so as to stop the cooking process.
2) Scrape the meat off the fish. Get rid of the skin, bones, head and tail.
3) Sauté the shallots, garlic and leeks in some olive oil for around 4 minutes. Then add the spaghetti, pepper and the juice of 1 lime. Mix for 1-2 minutes.
4) Then, add the mackerel flakes, chopped tomatos and parsley. Stir again.
5) Serve with Old Amsterdam cheese and a quater of a lemon.
This is quite a plain-tasting pasta dish so the Old Amsterdam cheese will help:)
Posted by Seri Nyonya at 3/30/2010 08:14:00 pm