Decided to keep it simple. It was good and I have about 800grams in leftovers. Ate half of that for lunch with some crusty bread and am planning to eat the rest with pasta later today.
I didn't really follow a recipe but it was good (anything fresh doesn't need lots of ingredients anyway!)
About 1,6kg mussels (after cleaning and throwing out the bad ones)
6 cloves garlic, chopped
1 onion, chopped finely
1 red chilli, chopped
a handful of parseley, chopped
About 2 glasses of dry,white wine
1) Saute onion, 1/2 the chilli and garlic in some olive oil.
2) When soft, add wine and 3/4 of the parseley. Leave it to boil.
3) Add mussels and give it a good stir. Close pot.
4) Turn off heat about 6-10 minutes later. Mussels should be done. Throw away the ones which aren't open.
5) Sprinkle 1/2 chilli and 1/4 parseley.
Dinners last week:
i) Sze Chuan minced pork and eggplant
ii) Pepper steak with potatoes and Brussel sprouts