Monday 12 October 2009

Sticky Buns with Pecans



Photo above is before baking. The pecan glaze is at the bottom. No photos of the final product because I was late for school. Took most of it for friends to eat. Very sinful but oh-so-good! What's not so good is the cleaning up afterwards. Stupid glaze is every effing where.

Stephen Gately is dead! I used to love Boyzone (embarassing, I know!) and Stephen was my favourite. I even went for that Swatch concert of theirs on September 6th, 1997. I was 12, had protective parents and was desperate to go. I cried and sulked for weeks, refused to talk to my father because he wouldn't let me. Finally, my uncle interfered and said my cousin is going and he would personally see us off at the concert hall or whatever it was. The next day, we went to Watatime in One Utama to purchase the Swatch watches which doubled as a ticket. We made posters and annoyed the shite out the people at Polygram daily (called them to beg for backstage passes).

After the concert, we wrangled out where Boyzone was staying from a security guard. We went to the hotel. Went to the right floor. Rang the doorbell and found...

Keith in a bathrobe. He was sort of mad hahaha but he told us that the rest were at the swimming pool. That's where we went and saw the rest swimming before we were asked to leave by one of the people around them.

Not very nice of us, I suppose but in our defense, we were young and we were very much influence by Smash Hits, TV Hits and Top Of The Pops. My taste in music developed and I started listening to Blur, Greenday, Jack Johnson and lots of big band jazz but I always had a soft spot for them. Too bad he died. End of an era and all that.

No comments: